Friday, January 2, 2009

RE: ...

Okay, so I've been thinking things over since the last couple of days. People are starting to doubt and not show support for me. To those people, I would like to wish luck in whatever they pursue in the future. I'm looking at this year, without being too cliche', and saying it's time to make my dreams happen. There's a difference between rappers and artists. A rapper would take all the shit such as the post below this one, from everyone that's saying it, and fall back, like "Okay, well maybe they're right. Maybe I am wasting my time." And myself, being an artist, would ignore them and use it to push even harder. See, I've come to the sudden realization that I would give ANYTHING to do this music stuff. I've been doing it for longer than some of you know, so why would I stop. Between the course of 2004 to 2007, I made over 1,000 recorded tracks over industry beats on the computer and never released them to the masses. I look back on it now as me practicing my skill. Over the course of those years, I improved ever so drastically and still am continuing to. Why wouldn't I see promise in my future? I've sacrificed an abundance of time, money, relationships, friendships, and a quality school doing this. So why wouldn't I go all out? If you don't know me by now, here I am. Even when it looks like I'm sleeping, and my eyes are closed, I'm dreaming about my next move. It's fun to me, but this is becoming my life. When I rap, I feel at home with myself. I feel like nothing else matters but me and my audience. And not really that much an audience because when I rap, it lets me express myself like I can do no other way. I've always been an introspective, "keep-to-myself" kind of person. I don't really share my emotions or feelings with anyone, not even my girlfriends. Not about what's deep down. Before, I used to have anger management issues when all that built up stress would release itself. Now, I save it for the booth. It's not a problem anymore. So when you find something that can do that for you, anonymous person, you let me know. I'm not trying to be cool and fit in. See, people think that I'm cool for pursuing a goal and really dedicating myself to a purpose such as this. That's cool. Downing a young nigga tryna graduate and stay on course while applying for colleges and still go hard with this music, THAT'S not cool. I'm getting an education, don't worry about me, young. I'd like to bet, I'm better off than you still.
For those who support me, or even those who saw my name somewhere or heard of me and took the time to look me up on MySpace, or those who sat through one of my songs in its entirety, thank you. I appreciate it, and it helps keep me going. It's not even that much support in the business because everyone's trying to bring one another down. It's like playing ball in the opponent's territory with scouts watching. EVERYONE wants to look good, better than the next man on the team. So everyone wants to hit the important shots or make the big plays, fuck passing. The other team has the same intentions, but also have a unified goal of beating you as well. Your audience is rooting against you. So what do you have to play for in that kind of situation. Yourself. That's all you can do.

No comments: